Saturday, November 1, 2014

Coffeeneuring Challenge Ride #5

Halloween ride in the wind.
Fall has arrived, finally.  Last weekend we neared record highs and today we reached a record low. The first night below freezing and it goes all the way down to 25°F. Brrr! Friday, we didn't have school, so we took a ride to the park, over six miles round trip. It was still in the 40's, but the wind was ferocious!

I am actually glad that the weather is this cold on a Saturday so that I could test out my winter attire on a weekend, since I want to try riding to work as much as possible all winter.  So when Wayne suggested Kingdom Coffee & Cycle for Saturday morning, I was in.

I set out my warm clothes the night before and headed out right after sunrise.  Friday night I crocheted mitten tops for my fingerless gloves, but within a few minutes I realized that I didn't cover my thumbs and they were going numb!  Other than that, I was just fine.  Tsuki ran for two and half miles, without showing any signs of being tired, but when we got downtown, I put her on the back of Kapau so we would take less space in traffic.  After I got my coffee and took some photos, Wayne showed up.  He hadn't been sure he was going to make it on such a cold morning, but he decided to do it and realized it wasn't so bad.
Why can't I go in?





After Wayne got his coffee, we took some pictures and talked about our clothing choices, we went our separate ways, him on towards breakfast, and me home for a roundtrip of almost six miles for me, and about five miles for Tsuki.  The grass in the backyard was still covered frost, but the exercise kept us all quite warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment