Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coffeeneuring Challenge Ride #2

This morning was wet and cold with a cloudy sky and a chance of mist.  The oldest running local Farmer's Market in Springfield, MO is just over two miles from my home and I wanted to get some supplies for the week, so I thought I would take Tsuki, ride Kapua, and get some coffee while there.  Another local rider was going downtown and we ended up passing each other at the intersection near my house, so we stopped to chat.  He shot a picture of us with a real camera - thanks Wayne - so it looks much better.  You can tell from this picture that she didn't like to sit and wait, she was ready to move.  This is the only portion of the ride that Tsuki was on Kapua, since she ran both ways today.

As soon as we passed this intersection, the "mist" got rather heavy, so that it was dripping off of my helmet, but in a few blocks it lightened up again and we didn't get too wet.  We parked Kapua near the tomato guy, and got our supplies, but the Aviary truck that I usually get coffee from was not there today.  I almost gave up hope when I noticed the bakery truck was selling coffee, tea, and hot chocolate being run by a couple of friendly teenage girls.  I decided to get some hot tea instead since it was pumpkin spice and was so good I didn't need to add anything!  YUM! Did some chatting and headed home with my bounty.  Then I got ready for the afternoon 32+ miles ride on the Frisco Trail.  Poor Tsuki had to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment