Sunday, October 18, 2015

Garage Sale Coffeeneuring Ride

This morning a club at the high school I teach at was having a garage sale.  I promised my students that I would stop by and visit them on my bike and that I would bring Tsuki.  Since Kapua hasn't made it out on any of my coffeeneuring trips, I went to the garage to pack her up and found her back tire VERY flat.  I didn't have the time to fix the flat this morning so I took the Volvpe, again.  Tsuki LOVED the girls at the garage sale.  She ended up with a new toy that they threw for her, and many of the wanted to take her home.  You can see some her tweets if you follow her on twitter @dogonbike

After eating some cookies they were selling at the bake sale table of the garage sale, I headed over to Kingdom Coffee & Cycle for a hot cup of coffee, because this morning the temps were in the 40's and standing around got me pretty chilled.  Tsuki waited patiently for me outside, protecting the Volpe and even let this guy talk to her.  It helped that she could see me.  I know that we completely blocked the sidewalk, but since there was little to no foot traffic this morning, there were no complaints.  The coffee was perfect, warm and frothy, and since I didn't want Tsuki to wait too long for me to drink it, I poured the rest in thermos and we headed out to find some geocaches.  
There were a couple of geocaches downtown, near Kingdom Coffee & Cycle but they had several DNF's (Did Not Find) so after a quick attempt, we moved on.  We finally found Red Robin (GC4NW3K) back by the garage sale and I was able to drop a trackable coin off in the cache for someone else to find, and we headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment