Monday, December 26, 2016

Last Coffeeneuring ride of 2016

I set out on November 20th to try a new route that would be 49 miles on my upcoming 49th birthday.  The temperature was in the 50's but it felt a lot colder.  Since I was testing out a new route, I had my phone mounted on my bike so I could see the map when I needed too, but it was just too cold.  My phone died and I had to warm it up in order to get it to turn back on and finally just gave up and just figure out the best route home.  I was getting pretty cold as well at this point, so I saw a McDonalds and decided that it would just have to be my coffee stop.  Now, I must confess to being one of those people who doesn't really drink coffee.  I mix my coffee in with my soy milk and a variety of sweet flavorings, but since I don't digest milk, and McDonalds doesn't have any alternatives, I just had them put some sugar in my coffee and was happy for the warmth.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually liked it.  I have heard before that McDonalds makes a good cup of coffee, but hadn't really tested it for myself.  I was so grateful for the warmth though, that I may have to try it again and see if it wasn't the circumstances that made it a great cup. I ended up with somewhere over 30 miles, but I'm not completely sure how much since my phone kept shutting off.

No comments:

Post a Comment