Sunday, October 11, 2015

Coffeeneuring to Keen Bean @ the Farmers Market

Tsuki is ready to head out for a bike ride and some geocaching, although Kapua stayed home and the Volpi got to go with this time.  Juana meet us at a local park and we headed out around dawn.  It was a chilly 45 degrees and we were bundled up well and road several miles before stopping for our first geocache, Lock & Load (GC4C2MK).  This was Juana's first time geocaching, it is was a GREAT one!  The description stated that you needed to bring your own water bottle, and luckily we had some on our bikes because I didn't read the description before leaving the house.  But when I ride with Tsuki, I alway make sure I have enough water for her and myself, so we had plenty.
Juana signing Some Where Out There 1
                                  After leaving Locked & Loaded, we headed to the trail and looked for Some Where Out There 3, 2 and 1 but were only successful finding Some Where Out There 1(GLK508RN).  Unfortunately we got quite a few stickers on us trying to find the first on one the trail.  
Once we arrived at the market we looked around at some great food options and finally decided on getting some cinnamon rolls from some venders and coffee at Keen Bean's Truck.  Tsuki seemed very interested in my coffee this morning, but she doesn't get any.  Not a drink for doggies!  But I did let her lick the icing off the cinnamon roll container.  
Tsuki was model-ing her newly modified collar that has a patch that says Follow me on Twitter @dogonbike and there were a lot of people asking about it.  Most of these photos made it onto Twitter while we were at the Farmer's Market, but we still only have a few people following us. Maybe the patch will increase her following.  

After we finished our rolls we walked around and bought some produce, tasted some freshly roasted chestnuts and found out that whoever said the buckeyes were chestnuts didn't know what they were talking about.  We also discovered that Tsuki really likes chestnuts and the couple selling them gave her a couple of cold ones so I would have extra to give her later.                                                                                                     We went down into a green space near the market and found another nice geocache Hidey Holey Shoney (GS2NXM4) before riding back to Juana's house.  As I was back on Southcreek where I rode last weekend looking for geo-caches, I saw a couple of ladies looking for a geocache that I had been unable to find.  I stopped and helped them and together we found the cache, to bring the day's total up to 4 finds!  
I am enjoying this geocaching theme within my Tsuki blogging theme, and am enjoying the company of friends as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment